The company was taken over by the sons of the founder in 1943.
The brothers divided the business among themselves in 1959 and the refrigerated truck business was taken over by Emil Carlsen and his son J.E. Carlsen.
In 1967, a production of fiberglass bodies has started and a year later a new factory was built in Ny Stenderup.
In 1989 Niels Ole Carlsen took over from his father, J.E. Carlsen.
On 1 January 1997 the company was taken over by its current owner, Carl Johan Mørck.
Since 2005, the main activities of the company were taken over by a newly established subsidiary Carlsen Baltic in Kaunas, Lithuania. Carlsen Baltic has facilities of more than 6 000 m², which makes us one of Europe’s largest producers of lightweight temperature controlled bodies for food distribution. Carlsen Baltic alone has already manufactured over 5,800 refrigerated truck bodies which are being operated by drivers all over Europe and beyond.
Since 2012, Carlsen Baltic has been implementing an ISO 9001 Quality Management system and an ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.